Monday, September 3, 2012

Lolly's Photo Shoot

Quick post to share the entire photo shoot for Lolly-Pug's SEPRA adoption bio.  I first discovered David Carlyon with Darkwood Studio last year through his volunteer work for Gateway Pet Guardians - a group I admire to the point of stalking!  They feed the strays in East St. Louis every single day (thanks in huge part to the most amazing PJ Hightower who has done this every single day without fail since the early 2000s), and rescue when possible.  They very recently were able to finally open their own emergency shelter after years of being a "virtual shelter" with only foster homes to help.  Find them on Facebook - they are incredible!

Anyway, V & V's Santa pics last year were done to benefit Gateway, and David was the photographer!  David also fosters for Gateway and goes on feedings with them frequently to take incredible pics of these gorgeous stray pups (and cats!).  After I saw the amazing work he does, we began emailing about doing a photo shoot for Vito & Vinny.  We did that earlier this year and the pics were INCREDIBLE!  (And yes, they need their own blog post - again, LAZINESS!)  But David also mentioned that he does free photos for rescue pets' adoption bios.  I took him up on that offer and he took these awesome pics of my Lolly-Pug for her bio.  Enjoy!!!
 













7 comments:

Southern Fried Pugs said...

What a sweetie. He's a great photographer!

Hank said...

She is sooo beautiful!

I'm just sorry I won't have the chance to meet Lolly in person, but I know you'll only let her go to the perfect home!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh gosh- look at that cuteness!
What a beauty!
love
tweedles

Elgor82 said...

We were hoping to meet Miss Lolly in Indy in a few weeks but hopefully she will have a new home and family by then!

Those are some great pictures ... whoever ends up with her will be lucky!

Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty & Whitney

stellaroselong said...

She is so sweet looking. Hey do you know Christy who also has two little pug girls she adopted from SERPA..one of their names was pippa and i think little bear was the other...not sure on that....she used to have a little pug named daisy who passed over to the bridge. Her and her husband are very nice people.
stella rose

Vito and Gina said...

Stella Rose - I sure do! When I fostered my Vinny for SEPRA (who was then known as Colonel and I ended up failing with!), he had a liver shunt just like their little girl Daisy who unfortunately did not make it through surgery. They contacted us to see if we could use Daisy's prescription liver shunt food and I met them to get the food. We actually still keep in very regular touch via email. They have Hailey (aka Little Bear) and Pippa both from SEPRA in addition to their boys Butch and Odie. :)

Winston Wilbur said...

Oh my gosh his pictures are fantastic. What an awesome guy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...