Saturday, February 26, 2011

In Loving Memory of Emmitt

Mom and I are heartbroken. Our sweet friend Emmitt went to the Rainbow Bridge today. We are so sad. We miss him already and we wish we could bring him back. We are thinking lots about his mom Melissa (and his dad too) today. We wish we could take away their pain. Melissa has been so kind to us and we know she has been to all of you too.

So in memory of my friend Emmitt, I'm allowing Mom to re-post some pictures of me with some beautiful gifts from Melissa and Emmitt.

First was my delicious chocolate and lemon donut. I have fond memories of this donut, even though it only lasted me one night. I am an "enthusiastic chewer."


I don't have as many fond memories of this sweater vest, even though my Mom loves it.

But in your honor, sweet Emmitt, I will now wear my sweater vest with a new attitude. It will be in honor of the happiness you brought to so many people, but most importantly, your parents. We miss you Emmitt. Run free, friend, and have fun with so many of our puggie brothers and sisters at the Bridge.





Later,
Vito

5 comments:

Wilma said...

Vito,
We are so sad about Emmett too. He would be very proud to see you happily donning your sweater vest.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Vito
i wish i could give you a big hug,
your tribute to Emmitt is beautiful. You made me smile as I see your post is so heart felt and thoughtful.
You made me feel better.
Together we sit shoulder to shoulder and hold paws for Emmitt
love
tweedles

Hank said...

This is a loving tribute to Emmitt, Vito.

Molly is wearing her sweater, too, in honor of Emmitt.

Love -

Sarah, Hank and Molly

Archie and Melissa said...

dear gina and vito

emmitt and i love you with all of our hearts.
thank you so much for this wonderful, loving tribute to him.
i will save it forever.

emmitt is clapping his paws together and singing. he told me from heaven that he has an easy bake oven that pops out mini meatloaves everytime it *beeps* without having to mix any ingredients!

It is raining love and meatloaves on all of us!

love you!
melissa

Salinger The Pug said...

Oh VITO! This is a beautiful tribute and it made mom all leaky!

We are heartbroken too, but happy that Emmitt lived such a long and happy life!

You rock, dude!

Love,
S-Dog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...