Friday, September 2, 2011

What a Week

This week has SUCKED! Mom decided to do something ludicrous and have some guys come over and tear our house apart! (Mom's note: just a little house renovation.) These guys showed up on Monday and came at the crack of dawn every day this week and you know what that meant? Vinny and I were banished to the basement! And they made such a racket! But Mom says it's all over now and we don't have to go to the basement ANY. MORE. Whew. I hate it down there! I make Mom carry me down the stairs and then I squeal like I'm being tortured on every step. Stupid Vinny just runs down there on his own like he's going to a carnival. I was at my wits' end! Not only that but they were working in our bedroom so we had to sleep on the pull-out love seat and Vinny even fell off one night! I mean, I laughed of course, but I am ready to sleep in my own big fluffy bed tonight for the first time since last Saturday!

Last week, Mom's friends Kyle and Paul and Paul's girlfriend Mae came over. See, Mom is super challenged when it comes to house stuff and even more challenged when it comes to lawn stuff. So she has a rotation of friends (and Uncle Michael) who mow our lawn for us.

They hung out for a long time and played with Vinny & me. (Too long according to Mom the next morning when she had to go to work... I don't understand why... but she said she didn't feel very good after that late night... Hmmmmmmm...)

You might remember Kyle from our housewarming party last year. Kyle made fun of me and said that I didn't even "look real," and then lo and behold (like they all do), he pretty much fell in love with me...although he still won't admit it out loud. As you can see, nothing has changed.

There was no room on Kyle's lap for Vinny. HA! You lose Vinny!

Paul likes us a lot too. He & Mae have a Japanese Chin at home named Yogi and Mom says he is almost as cute as a pug. ALMOST.

This is Yogi. He has horns. I don't think he is cute at ALL. His mom Mae calls him "The Prancing Outlaw." PS I'm glad my hair isn't long enough for people to put horns on me.

Mom says Paul is like a big kid, and he even has a big idea of making a reality show about us and pitching it to TLC. It will be called "Two Pugs, Endless Hugs" and he made up a theme song and everything. I don't know about that. I don't want Vinny & I to end up like those Gosselin kids needing therapy for the rest of our lives.

Paul is kind of crazy. In a good way of course!

Uncle Michael even stopped by for a little while.

Me and my day-glo eyes.

Vinny was all up in Kyle's face giving him kisses. (He has a real licking problem. He licks Mom non-stop.) Kyle clearly does not like Vinny as much as he likes me. But who does?

And here is a really embarrassing picture with Paul that Mom gave me a treat in exchange for allowing her to post. It is not my best angle.

On that note, I am going to bed now. I don't know what Mom & Vinny are doing, but I'm going to bed.

Later, friends!

7 comments:

Payton said...

Banished to the basement and poor Vinny falling off the sofabed...that is horrible! Glad that mess is over for you guys. How nice that your mom doesn't have to do yard work...those are some GREAT friends! Glad you boys got some attention, and enjoy the long weekend, my friends!
Love,
Payton

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love hearing about friends getting some "puggy love"
love tweedles

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Vito looks like your Mom has a great bunch of people for you to get tons of butt scratches and tummy rubs from! Hope you don't have to go to the evil basement again anytime soon.

Hugs
The Girls

Hank said...

Vinny "going to a carnival" and falling off the loveseat!!!! Haaaaaaa!!!!!!

And Paul sounds like our kind of guy!

Salinger The Pug said...

We LOL'd at Vinny "going to a carnival" too! HAHAHAHAAA! Poor dude!

We're glad your house fixing upping is all done. Mom's friends seem like a lot of fun! We would totally watch a reality show about all of you!

Ok....now we need HOUSE PICS!

Love,
S-Dog

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh!
it looks like you guys are having just too much fun over there! :)

we cannot wait to see all the rennovations you are doing!

how exciting!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I came back for more smiles and giggles.... I love looking at you puggies.
love
tweedles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...