Friday, May 20, 2011

Here We Go Again...

First of all, since my Mom sometimes forgets who this blog is about, let's talk about ME. I'm going to tell you about my new favorite game. It's called "Mom Tells Me To Do Something and I Pretend I Don't Know What She's Saying, But Then 2 Minutes Later When She's Given Up, I Go Do What She Says & Pretend Like It Was All My Idea." My preferred version of this game involves my Mom saying "Go get your bone" and I tilt my head and stare at her like she is an alien for about 60 seconds. Then I pretend to do something else for about 30 seconds. And then 30 seconds later I run to my crate and get my Nylabone! OMD it is HILARIOUS.

I win the game again!

You lose, sucker!!

Second of all, my Mom had the nerve to go visit my Aunt Valarie (and her crazy dog Sue Ellen who barked right in my face last time I saw her!) in Milwaukee last weekend.

Look how dumb Sue Ellen looks with her Carol Channing haircut.

Well I guess you know what that meant for me. Yep, almost 4 days stuck with JACK. He was pretty good to me so I shouldn't be such a grump about it. But she didn't even ask my permission to go, so I have to sometimes hold a grudge to teach her a lesson and remind her why she calls me "Bossypants." She said she had a great time but that it was REALLY cold and windy and rainy - so cold and windy and rainy in fact that when she got back to St. Louis where it was 50 degrees and raining, it felt tropical! So when she got home, we snuggled for awhile.

I looked adorable for a little while to make her think all was forgiven.

But then I remembered she had left me for almost 4 days so I gave her the good 'ol Stink Eye.

And now I guess we have to get to the title of the post. That's right, my Mom is being ridiculous again. And my definition of "ridiculous" is - taking in another foster pug. Meet Pippa:

She's coming to stay with us on June 2 - my Mom's birthday coincidentally enough. Apparently some jerks who were driving a luxury SUV dumped her at a shelter in Springfield, MO (about 3 hours from where we live in St. Louis). She had just been spayed and even still had her stitches. Weird huh??? Well there were no available foster homes for her (I'm having flashbacks of LOUIE!) so Mom agreed to take her in. They think she is about 5 or 6 years old. Mom promises me this will be the last one, but I'll believe it when I see it, MOM!!! So now she's living in the shelter office until Monday when a lady will take her home with her until she can bring her to us in St. Louis. They said she's really scared so that made Mom very sad.

Speaking of my old friend Louie, he's doing great in his forever home, which makes Mom (alright, and me...) very happy.

Later friends!

7 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Vito you looks so sweet snuggling and cute even when giving your Mom the stink eye!! We think you are going to make anothe BFF with Pippa. Good luck.

Hugs
S&P

Minnie and Mack said...

Hi Vito--you make us laugh! How nice of you to share you home to some fosters. and to share your mom, too!

Glad Lucky Louie is great in his forever home and you follow up with him.

Later,
Minnie and Mack

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Poor Pippa. It will be different with a girl dog. We are all really bossy girl pugs, but Pippa might be different if she's really shy.
As much as it can be a pain in the butt, it's a good thing your mom is doing, Vito. Try to cut her a little slack. ;) Weren't you a rescue, too? Where would you be without foster parents?
Yeah, we don't really buy that argument either, but it sounds good.

Salinger The Pug said...

Carol Channing haircut!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...Pippa is a DOLL! You be sure and be nice to her ok, Vito! She's going to need a friend!

Love,
S-Dog

Pee S. Mom is STILL laughing at that Carol Channing haircut! HAHAHAHAAAAAA

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Vito
I think you have trained your mom very good about the game you play.
love
tweedles

Kitty+Coco said...

Vito your 'tude is hilarious. I'm with you on that Carol Channing chick. I mean, go back to the Bingo Hall old lady. Now for Pippa, maybe, just maybe you will get along since she is a girl. Trying to be positive here. Let's just say we are not shocked you have another foster..Your mom is doing a great thing and this girl REALLY needed some luvs.

Kitty and Coco

Archie and Melissa said...

hi vito!
oh what a fabulous post you wrote!
we LOVE your new game!
hilarious!
archie has already written it down to try and master.
pippa is the luckiest girl in the whole world to get to come and stay with you and your mom!
we are so excited and cannot wait to welcome her and wish your mom a happy birthday in just a few more sleeps!
wooo hoo!
xoxox
a & m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...