Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

On the 3rd of July we went to my Aunt Becky's to watch UFC later that night - and you know how much I love UFC!

Recycling my Memorial Day collar!

There were lots of other dogs there, including my cousin Jack. The best part is that there were NO FIREWORKS, unlike at my house! And I live in the City, as opposed to Aunt Becky! Mom says fireworks are illegal in the City but apparently no one cares about that.

It was hot outside, even at 5:30 when we got there, so they had a HUGE drinking bowl on the deck for us dogs! Some dogs even got IN it! I thought it was pretty rude of them to get in my water bowl.


I'm no dummy, I knew where I needed to set up shop:


Jack however IS a dummy, I had to show him that you can actually drink out of this thing. He said there was hair and dirt in it but what does he know?

Fine Jack, you can just dehydrate for all I care! I remember what you did to me last time I saw you!

Mom kept taking me in the house to the air conditioning, but I really think it was only because she wanted to watch the Cardinals game.

The other dogs, as usual, were bigger than me.

Aunt Becky the Treat Whisperer strikes again!

Mostly I just hung back while they all chased each other and wrestled. I even referee'd a few matches. And Jack was nice to me! My Mom said I was like his shadow all night.

Me and Jack hanging out with Uncle Michael in the "Giant Natty Chair." I don't really know what that means, but I do know that Jack is nice to me whenever Uncle Michael is around so, okay.

I love Aunt Becky! (And don't make fun of how fat I am. Mom says she's changing my food YET AGAIN - I don't really agree with that but as long as she keeps feeding me, I guess I don't have much of a say. Besides, Aunt Becky is tiny, so I will blame my enormous appearance here on that fact.)

I was REAAAALLY tired after that long night with so many dogs and people and attention! But it doesn't matter how tired I am, when I hear that little chime from the camera turning on, I have to peek an eye open. Happy 4th everyone!!


My Mom would like for me to tell you (against my wishes) that on the actual 4th of July she spent the entire day & night listening to me FREAK OUT because of the practical-war zone in our neighborhood. I do NOT enjoy fireworks AT ALL! Unless I'm actually outside of course, then they don't bother me and I don't bark. I like to keep my Mom guessing. I think it keeps her on her toes.

2 comments:

Salinger The Pug said...

HEY buddy! Nice to "meet" you!!!

Mom said she'd help you get acquainted with a bunch of our bloggie friends, so get ready for a whole BUNCH of new pals!!!

Sniff ya later Dude!!!

Love,
S-Dog

Vito and Gina said...

Thanks Salinger! My mom & I read your blog every night before bed. Glad we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...