Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Doctors and Stuff

Well as I said, we have a lot to catch you up on so we'll get the stupid medical stuff out of the way first. And since I'm the oldest and most important pug in this house, we'll talk about me first.

I had to go to the vet a couple of weeks ago for... SHOTS! I'm sure you all have been through this. Shots are dumb. I usually like going to the vet when it's for stuff that doesn't involve SHOTS. I hang out and meet other dogs and get told how cute I am. That day I met a 4 month old Frenchie named Chloe but Mom didn't want to get creepy by taking a picture of a stranger's dog.

But as soon as we got to that evil back room, I got antsy. I insisted on being on Mom's lap.

Something's up. I smell SHOTS. And not the good kind. My freakin' nose even started to run!

I fought as long as I could, but then I had to resign myself to it.

This is going to happen, isn't it?


The doctor-man came in picked me up and took me to another room to give me the SHOTS. They were short-staffed that day so they didn't have a vet tech to come in and help with the SHOTS, so I had to go with him. I won't tell Mom what happened in that room, but I made Mom wonder when he brought me back and I gave him KISSES right in front of her! HA! I never give kisses, not even to Mom. I just like to keep her curious. It's funny.

The doctor said I need to have my teeth deep cleaned in the Spring. When they "put me under" for that (whatever that means! Anyone know what that means?) they are going to remove the little bump that Mom posted about here.

OK, on to the other pug who lives here - you know, the youngest and less important one.

This one.

Well apparently there was some good news about him last week. He had a Bile Acid Test last week to follow up on his shunt surgery, and the doctor said the results were... PERFECT. So now he gets a regular kind of food (it better not taste better than mine!) and no more medicine, and they will test him again in 3 months.

AND he went to a special eye doctor last Friday too. Remember when he had to have surgery on his eyes? Well after his surgery, the bumps came back. So he went to a special doctor, and the doctor said it isn't really a big deal. He said a whole lot of stuff Mom didn't understand, but basically if the bumps come back (they're gone now), they can FREEZE the insides of his eyelids and it will fix the problem!

That all sounds good right? WRONG. Well it doesn't sound good to me anyway. Because you know what this means don't you? It means Mom is going to be adopting Vinny very soon - like maybe even this week - and he will be my ACTUAL BROTHER.

Look how proud he looks there on the left. Like he's gloating about moving in permanently and ruining my whole life. He had this all planned I'm sure.

And again with the chin stuck in the air and the chest all stuck out. Blah.

Ugh. I need to lie down.

Later, friends.

9 comments:

Payton said...

Such good news, Vito!! First of all, you look so handsome in green - totally your color! Second, YEAH for Vinny! I'm so glad his shunt surgery was a success and that he's going to be your brother (officially)! Congratulations!!
Love,
Payton

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Hi Vito and Vinny! Wesa read your mama's update'ums on Louie first and shesa mentioned yousa had already posted...so we had da' mama hit "older posts" and it showed you post-eds today. How did we miss'ums that?!? Anywho...wesa so glad that your shots went over well and that Vinny's test results were good'ums. Be happy that your mama only is adopting Vinny...I mean look at our big family...plus he will be a good heater this winter. :)
Much Luvums,
The Slimmer Puggums
George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, and Mimi

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Vito and Vinny
To me this sound like marverlous news.
Surgery was a sucess,, and now your family will get bigger...
Its a good thing, I just know it
love
tweedles

Minnie and Mack said...

That's all wonderful news, especially for Vinny!
You'll have to have an adoption day party, with plenty of yummies for both of you guys! Keep up the good work showing Vinny the ropes and how to behave!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

PeeS: We missed you guys and are glad you're back!

Archie and Melissa said...

yayayayay!
what a fabulous update!
we are so happy for all of you!
welcome to the family vinny!
you are one super lucky puggy!

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Hehehe, YAY! Sorry Vito, bud...you're just gonna have to suck it up. Vinny is home for GOOD!!

Tucker and Lola said...

Ah Vito, I feel your pain. I have to live with Tucker and he is such a pain in the....well, you know what I mean.

Hank said...

Vito, buddy.....that tooth cleanin' percedure is no big dill. They just konk ya on the head with a great BIG hammer an' throw cold water in yer face when it's done.

Good luck, bud!

Salinger The Pug said...

YAY! Good news all around!!!!

We're LOLing at Hanky's comment above! HAHAHAHA!

Love,
S-Dog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...