Monday, June 7, 2010

My First Weekend Home

I came home with my new mom on Saturday, December 12, 2009. Now she says I am the best thing that ever happened to her, but that weekend she wasn't so sure! Of course I was adorable, I mean, have you seen me? But she was a first time mom and I made her kind of nervous, especially because I wasn't totally housebroken. So she took me outside A LOT! And that was just fine with me! I love to be outside, it is where I do my best sniffing and snorting.

My first visitor came over just a few hours after I arrived home. Her name is Aunt Becky. She's not my mom's sister but they've been friends since college and mom calls her The Dog Whisperer. She loooooved me (again, are you surprised? Look at me!!).

First Day Home

Aunt Becky brought me a Dogzilla but I didn't have much interest in it. I just wanted to play! And she played with me for hours! She also tried to show Mom how to make me walk on a leash without pulling my "fool neck off" but I'm just curious! That leash slows me down. Mom got me a harness later and it helps a lot.

Ah, that's the spot, Aunt Becky!

Mom said I smelled SO GOOD after playtime!

That night my uncle Michael and two more of my mom's friends came over to watch something called UFC. They all loved me too! And mom did something really terrible and put a ridiculous "Holiday Collar" on me. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I am not amused

I wasn't sure about this UFC thing at first but now I'm hooked

Everyone left and it was just me and mom and time for bed. In the middle of the night, mom got really sick. She stayed sick for three whole days and couldn't eat. She told me it wasn't very fun to take a barely housebroken dog outside in the freezing cold constantly when she felt so bad, but she did it anyway. We bonded during those three days and she liked having me snore on her feet.

A few days later Mom was feeling better and took me to the vet to get my business removed. What??? Mom told me it would keep me healthy and also help me stop peeing all over the house. When she dropped me off at the vet, she started to cry in the lobby. It was embarrassing! Get it together lady! I'll be just fine! And I was, it was a breeze! I felt just fine that very night. Mom told me that night that she cried at the vet because she knew right then that everything in her life had changed because of me! Because she loved me SO MUCH. What a sap. But I love her a whole lot too.

Stay tuned! I've got 6 whole months to get you all caught up on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...